7/5/11

Dolly Parton has premiered the music video for her new single 'Together You and I'.

The 65-year-old country star released the track back in May, with it serving as the lead single for her 41st studio album Better Day.

The record will be released through Parton's own record label Dolly Records, which she set up in 2008.

Speaking to Billboard of her choice to release her new records independently, Parton explained: "It just made sense when we started. No real big label was interested in me as a recording artist and I didn't think of myself as a has-been. I couldn't get a decent contract with a label that would present me as an artist and not as a personality."

Parton added: "I'll always be writing songs so this has turned out real good for me. I probably have eight people working for [the label], handling all the Twitter and Facebook things and promotions."


The '9 to 5' singer-songwriter recently expressed a desire to duet with Lady GaGa and Madonna on records in the future, saying that she is "as outrageous as they are".

Better Day is now available to buy in the US and will be released in the UK on August 29. [Source: digitalspy.co.uk]

0 comments:

Post a Comment