7/5/11

When you're playing a supporting character in a film with three of the day's funniest actors, two Oscar-winning stars and another one of Hollywood's go-to leading men, and a scene of yours that may or may not even exist is drawing the most anticipation and driving the marketing campaign, well, that's superstardom.

America's Sweetheart changes it up in the upcoming R-rated comedy, "Horrible Bosses," going bad and playing a sex-crazed dentist bent on destroying the life of Charlie Day -- or at least his marriage. The film stars Day, Jason Sudeikis and Jason Bateman as put-upon employees out to kill their bosses -- Aniston, Kevin Spacey and Colin Farrell -- with the help of Jamie Foxx. A lot of star power there, but still, any number of marketing materials has emphasized the new Aniston, including racy red-band trailers that feature her in lingerie and still images that tease her brown-haired evil side.


But beyond all that, it's the rumored topless scene that's really driving buzz. The question is: does it actually exist?

"I have idea where those rumors started, but it's a good rumor," Aniston recently told the Chicago Sun-Times, before also dismissed speculation that it could appear on a DVD, at least. "Not true at all... Where do these things start?"

Well, from the promotional materials from the studio, mostly. And, smart play by them. But while there may not be a full on, clothes-off shot of Aniston in the film, it doesn't mean that she didn't get to go bad -- or love every second of doing so.

"It's usually the male character in that role," she told the paper. "That's why I thought of her like a guy. Other than that I just stuck to what was in the script. I didn't have any input as to what she said. That was all on the page. And I was tickled and excited. The raunchier, the better."

After a career on "Friends" as the lovable but put-upon Rachel, and a decade of romantic comedies, it was time for her to make a change, she said.

"I don't want to play it safe all the time. I wanted to take a risk," Aniston said. "I wanted to do something that allowed me to go in a different direction. I've never had a script come to me in the past that allowed me to go in this direction. The risk made it fun." [Source: huffingtonpost.com]

0 comments:

Post a Comment